Thursday, December 6, 2012

January 9th!

So Savanah's surgery date is scheduled for January 9th. There are all sorts of emotions flying around about this. Excited, a little nervous. You know the jist. I mean, it's major surgery, who wouldn't be a little intimidated by that? And being a medical professional and knowing everything single thing that can happen has never been good for my soul but I have complete faith that everything will go according to plan! We've been asked by a few different people why we are choosing to implant her other ear when she has done so well and is hearing just fine. Well I'm here to clear this up. . . "just fine" is mediocre. We are born with two ears, most of the time. We are designed in life to hear with two ears. Savanah has done exceptionally well with just the one implant but I want to give her the opportunity to advance. To not tire out so quickly in school after listening all day, I want her to have the advantage of localizing (finding the sound) better, I want her to have the option of implants. She can choose later to wear them or not to wear them. She is amazing! Technology is amazing! Every single person that has ever been involved with her education, therapy, training is amazing! I hope only the best for her, that is all we can ever do for our children. Be able to give them endless possibilities. And that my friends, is what we are trying to do for Savanah.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

This is such great news!!!